Fancy winning a print of my original artwork? For free?! Then read on!
If you’ve been following me for a little while then you’ll know I recently illustrated a book based in Granada called The Cats of the River Darro. A few weeks ago I wrote a post explaining a bit about the process behind one of the illustrations: Working Backwards: Chapter 8. I also wanted to post a little something explaining some of the places and spaces that inspired that drawing. But then I thought, why just tell you when you can have a little fun figuring it out for yourselves?! And while we’re at it, why not make a giveaway out of it!
So, here’s how it works. Here you have the drawing so you can see everything clearly: (you can see it enlarged in my Etsy shop)
1) What monument inspired this silhouette?
2) On which artist’s work are these creatures based?
3) This spiral motif is an integral part of which famous building?
4) The bottom left corner of the illustration was inspired by a mosaic that is part of which luxurious monument?
5) What is the name of the monument with this iconic outline?
6) On which curved building is the bottom right part of the illustration based?
7) What is the name of the place where the object that inspired this fun design can be found?
8) Which building inspired this wavy part of the drawing?
9) Who is this?
Now you might think that sounds a little tricky but never fear, you might not need to know all of the answers to win! All will become clear with the rules.
-You must send your answers to me along with your name and email in a PRIVATE message either via my facebook page or my Etsy shop. Anyone who posts them publicly will be disqualified and fed to the ducks.
-You have until Monday December 3rd to submit your answers, that’s a whole month so no excuses!
– The same answer may be given for more than one question.
– The answers may be written in English, Spanish or Catalan.
-The person with the most correct answers wins. If there is more than one person I will pick the winner at random.
-The winner can chose any A4 print listed in my Etsy shop! I’m constantly updating it with new work so you’ll have some lovely things to choose from, perfect as a treat for you or a gift for a friend and just in time for Christmas!
The title of this illustration is Barcelona. BARCELONA! Limit your thinking to that city for questions 1-8.
This drawing is essentially a book illustration and to be quite honest, doesn’t quite make sense without the words it was created to go with. To be in with a chance of answering question 9 correctly I highly recommend you get yourself a copy of The Cats of the River Darro, available for as little as 2.39€ from Amazon. It’s not a long book, it’s had some great reviews already and I dare say you’ll rather enjoy it!
Ok people, go forth and google! Can’t wait to start getting your answers in!